COVID-19 Response FAQ (5/17/20)
We have made a decision consistent with recommendations from Public Health officials, UUA, and local government. Our reality has shifted and we now need to err on the side of safety and social distancing in order to stem the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES HAS CREATED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR UUCTS RESPONSE TO COVID-19. (Full COVID-19 Response Plan)
Our next step is to get clever and creative in ways to stay connected, continue to be in community, and hold steadfast to our mission. We realize that now, more than ever, we need each other’s support.
Therefore, we’re calling on our committee heads and others to figure out how best to do church now. Plans are underway to offer a virtual coffee hour (BYO Bagel and Beverage!).
If you’re interested in exploring the possibilities, please contact Kathy Hopkins by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the links you will need to start following us online during this time -
- UUCTS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0rOHJmzg6EWsxVtVwi65hQ
- May 24th “When Hope is Hard to Find”, message by Connie Goodbread & Rev. Carlton E. Smith, Music by Bonnie Whitehurst https://youtu.be/WLRzUcuIazg
- May 17th “What Do We Owe the Stranger”, message by Rev. Jim Macomber https://youtu.be/vhuPzpWvJYA
- May 10th “Mothers and Mothering”, message by Rev. Jim Macomber https://youtu.be/cAtHPjBVcnU
- May 3rd A Homecoming of the Heart, message by Mark Hopkins: https://youtu.be/bdzkALivNyE
- April 26th Beyond Feeding the Hungry, message by Dave Cutler: https://youtu.be/0E3cs9_w01k
- April 19th Thriving in Times of Uncertainty, message by Judy Lucarelli: https://youtu.be/1OuPkKOwEak
- April 12th Passover, Easter and the Unitarian Universalists, message by Rev. James Macomber: https://youtu.be/XzacIgukEM8
- April 5th The Web we Weave, message by Robin Saenger: https://youtu.be/YsLwdOlVbXs
- March 29th Keep the Flame Going, message by Kathy Hopkins: https://www.youtube.com/Red0ryNPTno
I speak for everyone on the Board of Trustees when I say that we’re grateful to be part of this community. Even as we struggle with unknowns, we’re confident in our congregation’s compassion and resilience.
And though we’re distancing our physical selves for a time, I know we remain connected in sprit and devoted to our common mission.
In good health,
Kathy Hopkins, President, UUCTS Board of Trustees
We’ve begun to do a lot of our interacting virtually. Our church is using the ZOOM application to video conference, chat, and share critical information. We encourage everyone to get familiar with how to use ZOOM. You won’t need to pay any fees or even sign up for an account in order to participate in meetings. You can use any device that has access to the internet such as a smart phone, personal computer, or tablet. Barbara Kostreva is standing ready to provide assistance setting up the application on your device. Barbara’s phone: email@example.com email: