Our Mission & Principles
We are a liberal community for all ages promoting spiritual growth, social justice and the arts.
We are widely known as a beacon of liberal faith. We connect bravely, grow spiritually, embody justice, nurture the arts, and love unconditionally.
We strive to look for and encourage the best in each other as we move toward justice, peace, and love for both ourselves and the world…and when we fall short, we will seek understanding, reconciliation, and a return to covenant.
We affirm and promote seven Principles, which we hold as strong values and moral guides. They are:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We practice these Principles in our daily lives, drawing on the wisdom and spirituality from sources as diverse as science, poetry, scriptures from many religions, diverse spiritual practices, and personal experience.