Our Mission & Principles
We are a liberal community for all ages promoting spiritual growth, social justice and the arts.
We affirm and promote seven Principles, which we hold as strong values and moral guides. They are:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We practice these Principles in our daily lives, drawing on the wisdom and spirituality from sources as diverse as science, poetry, scriptures from many religions, diverse spiritual practices, and personal experience.